jeudi 24 septembre 2009

Getting settled here :)

Hello Everyone!

#1 I love you and miss you! It has been great to have little encouraging messages from you from time to time, and I think of you... a lot :)

So... I am in France... Brest, France to be specific...

They call me Sarah Beth at school... which is why I am signing this... Sarah Beth :) It's because there is another Sarah, who works here as well... and she does not want to be called Murf (her name is Sarah Murphy.

Anyway... I am working at the University Occidentale de Brest. I am teaching English to French speakers. They are in all levels from 1 to Master to ... they are going to be teachers. Which is very cool. So far, I have only met my classes, this was my first week, but it was great, and I am very much looking forward to this semseter and this year.

I am living in an appartment in Kirinou, which is great, it is furnished, and I have a great spot, with a great window, and my land lady has a great garden out back. My grocery store is literally around the corner and the laundry is just down the street. It is all very nice. I take the bus into work... which isn't bad either...

They tell me it is supposed to be quite rainy here in Brest, but so far (knock on wood) it rained the first week, but has been generally sunny for about two weeks now.

The french is getting less overwhelming everyday, but it still makes me really tired. But it is so cool

I hope to keep you all updated here! Thanks for reading! and I hope you have a great day!!! Keep me updated on you too!
More to come...

1 commentaire:

  1. Way to go, Sarah! I'm so proud of the work you're doing and look forward to keeping up with all of your adventures in Franceland! :) Love and miss you lots!

    (PS I hope this posts correctly because the options are all in French, and seeing as it's been awhile since I've brushed up on mine...as in, ever... ;)

    RépondreSupprimer